Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Life is Short - Hug Everyone You Love


I am in New Mexico....in my sweet little casita. We had a wonderful drive here, making stops along the way to visit with friends. Once I arrived, it was time to get settled and to commemorate all the deaths that have happened in our family in November. Remembering and lighting candles for my father (1989), my husband (2004), and the first anniversary of my mother's death on November 7th. My father's birthday is November 9 and my mother's is November 15th. Oh, and we had the election thrown in there, too.

 Just as I was completing my "hibernation" and honoring of those family memories, a tragic thing happened.  My niece's 24 year old daughter completed suicide. It happened on my mother's birthday. It brought our family to its knees. I was blessed to have my youngest son arrive from San Antonio with his darling dog, Betty, to spend Thanksgiving with Sierra and I. That was a comfort.

No sooner had Justin departed, I came down with some sort of respiratory/sinus bug that I have been fighting since December 4th. I have been diligent about using essential oils, neti pot, Chinese herbs, homeopathic medicines, acupuncture, fluids and rest....I have not run a fever so I put off going to a regular MD.  I keep starting to get better and think I am on the mend and, plop! I am right back in the fatigue, sinus pain, vertigo, and cold junk.  This morning, I surrender, I am headed for the Walk-in Clinic as soon as it opens.

So here I am in the beautiful little village of Bernalillo, in the most perfect little home and I haven't done much of anything but fill humidifiers, burn wood in the fireplace, make chicken bone broth, sleep and (when I feel up to it) wrap up in blankies on the couch and binge on Netflix and Amazon.  Hope I don't sound too whiny, but I am DONE with this.  Keep your fngers crossed and if you have any spare healing light, toss some this way.

This is still just the beginning of my adventure.  There is much more to come. You can't keep a good woman down for long. Namaste.


Tangerine Elora Johnson - with the Angels


3 comments:

  1. I am glad you got back to the blog. Not hard to see why you had not with all that on your plate. So sorry about your niece. It's so hard to understand why someone does that, what gets into their mind at that age, but very hard on the family.

    I love the idea of spending time in New Mexico and look forward to reading about your doing of it. Good luck with the sinus problem. They can be hard to get rid of but you are on your way once you see the doctor. Then onto the rest of your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back at the blog. So sorry for all the sadness and that you have been feeling lousy most of December. This solstice day is hopefully your turn around day. Better things on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your clinic apt results in prompt healing. so sorry to learn of the death of your great-niece. suicide is a particularly hard loss to confront. my heart is filled with love and healing wishes for your family. eager to see your adventures take flight and your body return to its vibrant health. merry Christmas, Suzann.

    ReplyDelete